Monday, April 4, 2016

Hello, and welcome!

Hello Everyone!

A year ago I made the plunge, and tried my hand at fly fishing.  What followed was a series of hilarious casts (my false casts were...false), hooks going everywhere but the water, and a sea of bad, good, and confusing information from everywhere and everyone.  Somehow, through it all, I figured out how to catch a fish...and then I caught another...followed by a few more.  Eventually, I got addicted to the art, challenge, and calamity that is fly fishing.

Where I fish:  This blog is going to focus on fly fishing in the Charlottesville, VA area, in some of the best mountain brook trout fishing in the world.  But this blog is not just another trout love fest (but brookies are too adorable not to fall in love).  In this, I will try to cover fly fishing in mountain streams, ponds, lakes, rivers, and saltwater.  Hopefully, as I learn these waters, and the rhythms of the long rod, I can pass that information along to the next, novice angler.

No comments:

Post a Comment