Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Starting to get back to normal

This week saw my son's third month, and things are finally getting back to some semblance of normal.  My goal is to start setting some time back towards tying flies, and reinvesting my time into fishing.

Seeing that it is now December, the warm water predatory fish have all fallen into their winter patterns.  This makes most fishing obsolete this time of year, and is a great time to take stock of current gear, and fill out wish lists for next season.

As I take stock of what I have learned during my second season of fly fishing, I plan to share my current gear selection, and how I came to choose the rods and reels that make up my fly fishing quiver.  Also, as I work on tying for the spring months to come, I will have a few new beginner fly recommendations, and even share some of my fly tying tips and tricks for those thinking about venturing into fly tying.

Until then, I hope everyone had a great end to their 2016 fishing season, and have already passed Santa the list of fishing materials you hope to find in your stockings in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment